The stock panel allows you to monitor the fluctuations of the stock market throughout the day from your Desktop Sidebar.
Follow these instructions to access the Options of the Stock Panel:
- Right mouse click on the Stock Panel and select Panel Properties.
- The Symbols displayed in this window will be monitored within your Desktop Sidebar.
- Click the Add button to add a new Stock to monitor.
- Enter the Stock’s Symbol in the Symbol section.
- If you would like to have a Label shown in place of the Stock Symbol, enter it in the Label section. If no Label is entered, the Symbol will be displayed.
- Click the Edit button to edit the symbol or label entered for a Stock.
- Click the Remove button to remove the highlighted Stocks. (Hold the CTRL button to select multiple Stocks at once.)
- Enabling Show indexes will show Stock Indexes from the DOW, NASDAQ, and S&P 500.
- You can edit the frequency that Desktop Sidebar refreshes the Stock Quote monitor by increasing/decreasing the Refresh rate. (Note: The stock quotes will have a slight delay caused by the Yahoo! Finance website.)
- The Stock Quotes can be displayed three (3) different ways:
- Marquee setting will constantly scroll the stocks across the panel in a marquee style.
- Slideshow setting will show each Stock and its quote one at a time in a slideshow. You may edit the frequency that the slides will show by moving the slider left or right.
- Show all symbols will show all of your monitored stocks within the Stock Panel at the same time.
- If you disable the "Show only price change" (Enabled by Default) will show the current Stock Price and the Price Change.
- Enabling "Show changed in different color" will display the Stocks which have price changes in a different color defined by the Desktop Sidebar Skin which you use.
- Enabling "Activate Panel" will activate the Stock Panel when the price changes by a percentage set by you.
- Enabling "Show Alert Window" will popup an Alert Window when the price changes by a percentage set by you.
- Set the Price Change Percentage by increasing/decreasing the percentage number.
- A window titled "Enter Symbol" will open.
Hovering over the Stock Panel will open a Details Window showing the Stock Symbols, Current Price, Amount of Change, Percent of Change, and Volume of Stocks. Clicking on “Click here to see details” in the Details Window will open your default Internet Browser to the Yahoo! Finance website with detailed information of all the Stocks in the Stock Panel.