Adding a Panel to Desktop Sidebar
Right mouse click on Desktop Sidebar (like the title of a panel) and choose Add Panel. You will be given a menu list of panels that are available. Should you choose to install one of the 3rd party panels on the forum, please read carefully the instructions the developer has left for you regarding installation.
When you have so many panels that they no longer fit in one screen scrolling buttons will be automatically displayed at the top and bottom of your sidebar. This feature allows you to add as many panels as you desire without the problem of limited screen size. (Note: This feature is not available with all skins.)
The following Panels are available:
- Mail Checker Panel – This panel allows users who don’t use Microsoft Outlook to see their (POP3) e-mail on directly on sidebar. This panel includes rules engine, simple junk filter and will display alerts about new messages.
- Messenger Panel – This panel displays your Windows Messenger contacts.
- Miranda IM Panel – This panel displays your Miranda Instant Messenger contacts.
- Stack Group Panel – This panel allows you to display selected panels in a Stack organization style.
- Tile Group Panel – This panel allows you to organize selected panels as Tiles.
- Media Player – This panel allows you to control Windows Media Player from Sidebar and information about playing media even with visualization is displayed in this panel.
- Slideshow Panel – This panel displays images slideshow on Sidebar.
- Volume Panel – This panel let you control volume of sound from Sidebar.
- WinAmp Panel - This panel allows you to control WinAmp from Sidebar
- Newsroom Panel – This panel is an RSS aggregator. Newsroom panel integrates with Microsoft Internet Explorer so you can subscribe to newsfeeds from page displayed in Internet Explorer with one button click.
- Stock Panel - This panel displays stock quotes directly on the sidebar.
- Weather Panel - This panel displays a weather forecast. Weather data provided by weather.com®
- Calendar Panel – This panel displays your appointments from Microsoft Outlook.
- Inbox Panel – This panel shows the contents of your Inbox and other Outlook folders. This panel includes rules engine, simple junk filter and it displays alerts about new messages.
- Mail Folder Panel –
- Notes Panel – This panel displays your Notes folder from Microsoft Outlook. As in the case of other “Outlook” panels, you can add or remove notes to Outlook by the context menu in this panel.
- Tasks Panel – This panel displays your tasks from Microsoft Outlook.
- Clock panel – This is a very simple panel, just an ordinary clock… but when you rest your mouse on it, it will display a calendar in a details window.
- Command Line Panel – Instant (Win+Q) access to Google and other search engines with built-in Calculator and Command Line launcher.
- Performance Panel – This panel displays information about the workload of your computer.
- Toolbar panel – You can move Quick Launch toolbar from Windows Taskbar to this panel. This will allow you to save precious space on their taskbar.