Outlook Notes Panel
The Outlook Notes Panel allows you to add the functionality of Microsoft Outlook’s Notes to your sidebar. The Notes Panel gives you the ability to create, view, edit, and/or delete Notes from any Microsoft Outlook Notes folder.
Follow these steps to access the options of the Notes Panel:
- Right mouse click on the Notes Panel and select Panel Properties.
- To select a specific Outlook Notes Folder for Desktop Sidebar to access click on the “…” button.
- A Browser window will open allowing you to select the correct Notes folder to use. Once you have selected the correct folder, click OK.
- Click OK in the Panel Properties Window to set any changes.
When you right mouse click on a note in the Outlook Notes Panel you will also see a list of commands to choose from:
- Open will open the Note to be viewed or edited.
- New will create a new Note.
- Delete will
delete the selected Note.
All Additions, Edits, or Deletions through Desktop Sidebar will be reflected in Outlook.
The following are ways to use the Notes Panel without using the menus:
- Hovering over a Note will open a Details window that shows the contents of the Note.
- Clicking on a Note will Open that Note to be viewed or edited.
Note: Desktop Sidebar requires full version of Outlook which is part of Microsoft Office System and cannot use Outlook Express which is a part of Microsoft Windows.