Outlook Inbox Panel
To access the options for the Inbox Panel follow these instructions:
- Right mouse click on the Inbox panel and select Panel Properties.
- You can select to view the Unread, Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Today, Yesterday, Bulk Main, Junk Mail, Favorite Folder, Favorite Correspondant, and/or AutoCorrespondents 1-5 folders in the panel.
- If any of the above folders don't appear in the Views list select them you may add them from the Add button's drop down list.
- To edit the properties of a selected folder click the Edit button.
- To remove a folder from the views list select the folder and click on the Remove button
- You can select to show only messages that are less then a certain number of days old, and also set the maximum number of messages displayed.
- You can select to show only unread messages, show today messages in a different color, show bulk mails, and responses.
- You can add a list of "My Addresses", and all messages that aren't directly sent to these addresses will be marked as Bulk Mail.
- The Rules: window will display a list of existing rules. Marked rules indicate an active rule.
- To Add a new rule follow these instructions:
- There are three (3) default rules, which you can edit or delete if you don't want to use them. If you want to add them, they can be added directly from the Add button menu.
- To define you own rule select Add new rule... from the Add button drop down list.
- Select the Conditions for your new rule.
- Select the Actions to be taken if the Conditions are met.
- If a word is underlined in the Rule Description there are other settings that can be defined. Click on the underlined word(s) to define these extra parameters.
- Enter a Descriptive name for the new rule that will be listed in the Rules window.
- To Edit an existing rule highlight it and click the Edit button.
- To Remove an existing rule highlight it and click the Remove button.
Junk Email Tab
- Enabling the Bad Words filter will mark messages with more than the user defined number of bad words as Junk Mail. You can create your own bad word list by clicking the Edit Button in the Bad Words section.
- You can create a list of email addresses or domains that will be considered Junk Mail by clicking the Edit button in the Junk Senders section. These addresses will be marked as Junk Mail.
- You can create a list of Trusted Senders by clicking the Edit button in the Trusted Senders section. These addresses will NOT be marked as Junk Mail.
- Enabling the My Addresses filter will mark messages not addressed directly to you as Junk Mail. You can create a list of your email addresses by clicking on the Edit button in the My Addresses section.
- You can create a list of Bulk Sender's Email Addresses by clicking the Edit button in Bulk Senders section. These addresses will be marked as Junk Mail.
Right mouse clicking on the panel will provide you will a list of commands to control the panel:
- New will open a New Email Message window for you to write and send a new email with your selected email client.
- You can select a folder to view by selecting it from the menu.
- Open a reply window in your selected email client.
- Reply to all recipients will open a new reply window in your selected email client.
- Forward the message will open a foward message window in your selected email client.
- Mark the message as Read will mark the message as read hiding it if Show only unread messages is enabled.
- Mark all messages as Read will mark all messages as read hiding them if Show only unread messages is enabled.
- Delete the message will permanately delete email message
- Mark the sender as Bulk Sender, Junk Sender, or Trusted Sender.
You may also control the panel without menus:
- The Inbox Panel Toolbar will have a button for each of the folders enabled in the Panel Properties. Clicking on one of these buttons will open it's corresponding folder in the panel.
- Clicking on an email message will open it in your selected email client.
- Hovering over an email message will open a preview of the message in a Details window. The title of the details window will contain the name of the sender, the subject, and the date and time of the email. You can pin the details window to read the message. You can view full HTML email in the details window.